Design Builder simulation software
DesignBuilder is a user-friendly modelling environment where you can work (and play) with building models. It provides a range of environmental performance data such as: energy consumption, internal comfort data and HVAC component sizes. Output is based on detailed sub-hourly simulation time steps using the EnergyPlus simulation engine. DesignBuilder can be used for simulations of many common HVAC types, naturally ventilated buildings, buildings with daylighting control, double facades, advanced solar shading strategies etc.
OpenGL solid modeller, allows building models to be assembled simply by positioning, stretching and cutting 'blocks' in 3-D space. Realistic 3-D elements provide visual feedback of actual element thickness and room areas and volumes. There are no limitations on surface shape - surfaces having more than 4 vertices are triangulated (where necessary) to ensure compatibility with the EnergyPlus simulator. Building geometry can be imported from CAD data.
Data templates allow you to load common building constructions, activities, HVAC & lighting systems into your design by selecting from drop-down lists. You can also add your own templates if you often work on similar types of buildings. This, combined with data inheritance, allows global changes to be made at building, block or zone level. You can also control the level of detail in each building model allowing the tool to be used effectively at any stage of the design process.
Glazing and other openings in the fabric can either be defined parametrically by making simple model data settings or they can be drawn explicitly.
A comprehensive range of simulation data can be shown in annual, monthly, daily, hourly or sub-hourly intervals:
- Energy consumption broken down by fuel and end-use.
· Internal air, mean radiant and operative temperatures and humidity
· Comfort output including temperature distribution curves, ASHRAE 55 comfort criteria, Fanger PMV, Pierce PMV ET, Pierce PMV SET, Pierce Discomfort Index (DISC), Pierce Thermal Sens. Index (TSENS), Kansas Uni TSV.
- Site weather data
· Heat transmission through building fabric including walls, roofs, infiltration, ventilation etc.
- Heating and cooling loads.
- CO2 generation.
· Heating and cooling plant sizes can be calculated using design weather data.
Data can be displayed graphically or in tabular form and can be exported in a range of formats to spreadsheet and custom reports.
Freeware: NOMore info & download: http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/